Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Get granite textfield value in JSP

Level 3

I am kind of stuck now as working on this from last 4 hours. initially it was looking bit simple but now it seems it is not.

My Requirement is to fetch the value field of granite textfield set as  below in POST.jsp to submit.

value= '${empty header.Referer ? granite:concat("/assets.html", granite:encodeURIPath(requestPathInfo.suffix)) : header.Referer}'

I am not able to retrieve this value in jsp. Looking for a solution to implement this.

I need this value to get current dam path location on wizard and submit it to create a new folder at this location programatically.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Are you thinking of doing post-AJAX call from JSP file to fetch some textfeild value?

If so refer following article:

1.Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using AJAX requests to display Experience Manager users in a grid co...  [For AJAX]

2.Adobe Experience Manager Help | Programmatically Accessing Adobe Experience Manager Content using th... to extract JCR node values.

Otherwise as mentioned by Scott, at HTL side or JSP side you can extract out the values: 

<%=properties.get("contactPerson") %> [JSP]

${properties.contactPerson} [HTL]

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

If the textfield is named ./contactPerson - you should be albe to get using --

<%=properties.get("contactPerson") %>

As we write all components now in HTL for examples (we encourage use of HTL over JSP) - we use this syntax in HTL:

${properties.contactPerson}

Level 10

Your question is not clear,

Would appreciate if you can rephrase it

Thanks

Correct answer by
Administrator

Are you thinking of doing post-AJAX call from JSP file to fetch some textfeild value?

If so refer following article:

1.Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using AJAX requests to display Experience Manager users in a grid co...  [For AJAX]

2.Adobe Experience Manager Help | Programmatically Accessing Adobe Experience Manager Content using th... to extract JCR node values.

Otherwise as mentioned by Scott, at HTL side or JSP side you can extract out the values: 

<%=properties.get("contactPerson") %> [JSP]

${properties.contactPerson} [HTL]

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni