3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 2:33 PM by MontreyYy

Troubleshooting Photoshop Filters

MontreyYy

Hello, i am new to the Adobe forms and i got a wired bug (the first one that i ever had that was so annoying to me). At the moment i am retouching some portraits and i wanted to get rid of the dirt at the background so i tried to do this on my main workflow. I copied the background layer (as backup) and wanted to use the

Filter > Surface blur.

But i instantly saw there is something wrong. The preview window and the layers showed me an empty layer instantly when i started the surface blur. So i tried to blure the Background layer it-self. There was no glitch available. As well i had some problems with the Camera Raw Editor/Filter and Highpass Filter.

bug.jpg

The system i use is...

Software:

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Hardware:

Macbook Pro 15" Retina (Mid 2014)

CPU:

Intel Core i7 2,5 GHz

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

RAM:

16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram

I already tried to figure out what i did wrong or is the problem on my Hardware/Software.

I thought there is a Installation problem so i tried following

- Reinstallation of Photoshop (didnt helped)

- reset of photoshop standards (didnt helped)

Google showed me some troubleshooting posts of the adobe forms that i tried:

- deactivating the gpu in the photoshop preferences (didnt helped or changed anything)

- changing to the better gpu in the MAC system preferences - maybe its a problem with the Intel Iris Pro (didnt helped or changed anything)

Maybe a reinstallation didnt helped because of some hidden files or a virus

- i reinstalled the whole Mac OS X system - formated the harddrive (didnt helped)

Cuda driver or Updates to the Mac OS X

- i updated to the newest version of the Mac OS Sierra (didnt helped)

- Cuda Driver update (didnt helped)

I hope anyone can help me to solve this problem or tell me if anyone had the same problem and experiences with that.

Would be awesome

best regards Montreyyy