4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2008 12:27 AM by Newsgroup_User

Lingo type in Direcot 11

pe.s
      Does Director 11 handle the old verbosetype lingo? Partually? Fully? Can't find an answer and would appriciate if someone could enlighten me.
        • 1. Re: Lingo type in Direcot 11
          Level 7
          Yes. It uses the same scripting language(s) as D10. There have been
          very few changes to the programming side of things. Most of the changes
          are display side, like the new text rendering engine and new filter
          effects.

It can publish as a Mac Universal Binary which is nice for those with
          Intel Macs. And there are a few other publishing enhancements (you no
          longer need a Mac to unarchive the projector that is made on PC!)

It has a new 3d physics engine that replaces the older and unsupported
          Havok engine.

Most of the rest is the same as previous versions.
          • 2. Re: Lingo type in Direcot 11
            Chunick Level 3
            wouldn't downloading and installing the trial be the quickest route to an answer? :-) ... a partial implementation of verbose syntax wouldn't be practical or make sense so a minimal amount of testing could easily extrapolate the answer to that one.
            • 3. Re: Lingo type in Direcot 11
              pe.s Level 1
              Thanks Chunik for your (not so) kind answer. Of course I've already downloaded the trial and made some tests. I just wanted som more professional view since I just did a minor test. I've learned through the years that it's always worth asking people with more knowledge than me, despite I do have an own opinion.
              • 4. Re: Lingo type in Direcot 11
                Level 7
                pe.s wrote:
                > Thanks Chunik for your (not so) kind answer. Of course I've already
                > downloaded the trial and made some tests. I just wanted som more
                > professional view since I just did a minor test. I've learned through
                > the years that it's always worth asking people with more knowledge
                > than me, despite I do have an own opinion.

It's always worth stating what you've tried already, otherwise you will get
                answers like Chunik's.

You might want to read about "the scriptExecutionStyle". There's a short
                article about it at
                http://www.adobe.com/devnet/director/articles/miaw_tool.html

Andrew