3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2017 10:18 AM by mugkeyftlt

No flash when taking .DNG picture

coendejong

Hi there,

I’ve been using the Lightroom Mobile

app for quite some time now ans I really love it!

Especially on my new phone, the iPhone X. But there is a problem in the v3.0.1 version of the app! When I want to use the flash for taking a picture (in .DNG format) I can not select it. The icon stays grey-ish. When I switch to .JPG modus the flash works perfectly.

Restarting the app and the phone didn’t solve the problem.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the app? I hope it works again soon!

Regards,

Coen

• 1. Re: No flash when taking .DNG picture
          jasonc95665706

Same issue (iOS, iPhone X). I've seen several other posts about this as well.

Does the flash not function in raw/DNG mode? If so, just tell us Adobe. Is this a bug or expected behavior?

• 2. Re: No flash when taking .DNG picture
            coendejong Level 1

On my iPhone 7 it worked just fine. Also, when I want to take a selfie in DNG-modus (not sure if that's what you want by the way..) I was able to enable the 'flash' (so the screen becomes bright). It seems that it's a bug in the connection between the app and the flashlight.

• 3. Re: No flash when taking .DNG picture
              mugkeyftlt

Hey,

I have the same problem here. I believe it an issue with the iOS. I tried using the Camera+ app as well and when I changed the image quality to RAW I got this message:

"RAW and Flash Warning :: RAW shooting is currently not compatible with flash on this device. Until a fix is available in a future iOS version, flash will be automatically turned off for you when you are capturing RAW photos. Please, disable RAW manually if you need flash"

Very frustrating, and stupid.