1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2008 10:18 AM by lchalnick

cfsprydataset with JSON; can't display data

lchalnick Level 1
      I've recently started working with the cfsprydataset tag and have gotten past a few hurdles. I'm prototyping an 'autosuggest' function against a JSON format spry dataset which is created in a CFC. Here's my cfsprydataset call:

<cfsprydataset
      name="dsPeople"
      type="JSON"
      options='{method: "POST", path:"DATA", pathIsObjectOfArrays: "true"}'
      bind="URL:IncrementalSearch.cfc?method=getPeople&partialName={frmSearch:search@keyup}&que ryFormat=Column"
      >

this does seem to be working as I can review the dataset returned in Firebug. It looks like this after I type in the letter "s" into the "search" input field.

"{\"COLUMNS\":[\"LCE_FAMILIES_ID\",\"LASTNAME\",\"INITIAL\",\"FIRSTNAME\"],\"DATA\":[[345, \"Schiralli

\",null,\"Evan\"],[423,\"Schiralli\",null,\"Evan\"],[603,\"Schiralli\",null,\"Evan\"],[754 ,\"Searcy\"

,null,\"Sean\"],[755,\"Searcy\",null,\"Sean\"],[176,\"Sibson\",\"E\",\"Thomas\"],[256,\"Si mpson\",\"C

\",\"Harry\"],[614,\"Sinatra\",null,\"Kyle\"],[908,\"Sinatra\",null,\"Kyle\"],[637,\"Smith \",\"D\",\"Matthew

\"],[52,\"Sokolis\",\"R\",\"Wanda\"],[776,\"Spitzer\",null,\"Myrtle\"],[812,\"Stahler\",\" E\",\"Lauren

\"],[355,\"Stamps\",null,\"Sara\"],[469,\"Stefek\",\"M\",\"Sabrina\"],[481,\"Stephens\",\" S\",\"Ian\"

],[484,\"Street-Blume\",\"K\",\"Jordan\"],[618,\"Swager\",null,\"Quentia\"],[894,\"Swager\ ",null,\"Quentia

\"],[146,\"Sward\",\"E\",\"David\"]]}"

But when I use the following code, I cannot get any of the data in the dataset to display. Anyone know what I'm missing?