• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AME 2018 won't stay logged in to Youtube

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the "Publish" function a lot to Youtube.

AME 2017 worked fine (and still does), however the new AME 2018 won't stay logged in to Youtube.

I log the app into Youtube successfully and it says "Logged in". When I export a video, the upload instantly fails and the reason is "Not logged in".

I can literally click on a preset (see all the tags and description info etc intact), click "Log In", it reports that it is indeed "logged in". I hit "Okay". If I then re-open the preset settings it says "not logged in"!

I've tried re-syncing to CC and that had no affect either.

I've tried different Youtube accounts, trashing the AME prefs etc. I logged out of Youtube on my still installed AME 2017 version just to be sure, AME 2018 still doesn't work.

However, if I re-log the 2017 version back in to Youtube it still works just fine. It occurred to me their may be a conflict with two versions of AME being installed (even though the older version is "logged out"), but I don't want to uninstall the 2017 version because at the moment its the only working version I have....

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

We found an issue here that using old preset from previous version cannot keep you logged into YouTube.

The workaround is either not to use old preset or to create new preset NOT based on old preset.  If you are creating a new preset in the Preset Browser, please make sure you are not selecting any old YouTube preset under "Based on Preset" menu.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Have you figured out a way to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is nobody else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like we'll need to keep nudging this to get some attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve got the same thing going on. As I recall, we had the same issue when 2017 (11) came out. I’m pretty sure the issue is on the Google/Youtube side. It usually takes them a couple extra weeks to get up to speed with the Adobe folks.

-Kevin Kefgen

Sr. Product Video Editor/

Self Boot-Strapping Nerd (as christened by BBB!)

Zappos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange. Would be nice to see a communication from Adobe that explains it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry for the trouble that you guys have been through.

This issue seems to be fixed now. I request you to confirm if it has been resolved at your end.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Kulpreet! Happy Monday!

I am not seeing any changes on our end with this... We are still not staying logged in to our Youtube account. Here's what we've tried thus far this morning...

1. Logging in via Preset Browser/User Presets/right click/Preset Settings - Logged in, but on closing the settings window, did not stay logged in.

2. Remove all instances of Media Encoder's permissions in Youtube to manage the account - Re-authorized via Preset Browser - Same result.

3. Remove all instances of Media Encoder's permissions in Youtube to manage the account - Re-authorized via right click on preset in Queue window - Same result.

One thing that I'm noticing is that I am NOT logged into the Creative Cloud app... It seems to not even be installed right now. I'm going to try that now and we'll see what happens!

Will advise if we find anything else, but as of this moment, the original problem seems to be unchanged.

-Kevin Kefgen

Zappos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing all this information, Kevin.

Let me research on this issue and I will keep you informed.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kulpreet!

We have to wait for IT to get in to supply the password for the CC app. I have a sneaking suspicion that will fix us up. I'll let you know when they get it in there. 8-)

-Kevin Kefgen

Zappos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaand.... nope.

After re-installing the CC desktop App, all of the above is still true. I cannot stay logged into the Youtube account through AME. Add to the list of attempts...

4. Created a new preset, tried to login through that preset (all the other ones were from V11 (2017)); Same result.

-Kevin Kefgen

Zappos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

OP here, this issue is still unresolved unfortunately. No change at all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I request you all to confirm the OS version and please DM (or email me) your Host files. We are investigating on this issue.

For Win users:

Hosts File in Windows

For Mac users:

• Click on Go, select Go to folder and type /etc in the box.
  • Search for Hosts file in that folder.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

kulpsing@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at home to be able to access my hosts file, but my system is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated, and the hosts file should be the default windows file, although I'll certainly confirm that this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your cooperation, Utoxin

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

six iMac here, from "late 2013" to "late 2015". One runs on Sierra 10.12.6, the other five with High Sierra 10.13.1.

All host files are default:

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1             localhost

Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found an issue here that using old preset from previous version cannot keep you logged into YouTube.

The workaround is either not to use old preset or to create new preset NOT based on old preset.  If you are creating a new preset in the Preset Browser, please make sure you are not selecting any old YouTube preset under "Based on Preset" menu.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHA! That fixed it for me. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too, thanks.

Anyway I would call that a workaround and not a solution. I have a lot of presets with youtube upload and creating new ones will take a bunch of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! As @gabrielep76295411 stated, it would be great to have an update so we could use our previous presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoo hooo!

This certainly looks like a great workaround! We are back to uploading! Thanks, engineers of the Gods!

-Kevin Kefgen

Zappos.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having issues with this. I have created a completely new preset as suggested not based on an old preset and my videos never upload. Any new information or suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, creating a new preset might fix the problem if you have only an encoding time of 30mins or less, as long as it doesn't exceed the authentication timeout it will get uploaded to YouTube. But if your encoding videos for more than 45mins it gets a 401 error.

Here's my post for more details: Re: Adobe Media Encoder won't upload long videos to YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines