Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render and replace effects

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use a lot of heavy effects like Neat Video and Warp Stabilizer in Premier Pro. Is there a way to apply the effects and then render once and be able to do correction on the rendered clip without having to rerender?

This works great with the "render and replace" feature with clips from After Effects, but not with clips with effects only from Premiere Pro. Is there a fast workaround on this?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Any time you make an edit on a clip with Neat Video or Warp Stabilizer applied, it will likely need to be rendered again to play smoothly.

The way around this is to add those effects after all of the other edits are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time you make an edit on a clip with Neat Video or Warp Stabilizer applied, it will likely need to be rendered again to play smoothly.

The way around this is to add those effects after all of the other edits are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your sequence setting preview codec/settings up to say a Cineform or DNxHD/R of the same frame-size as your clips/sequence, you can use Render/Replace on the full sequence, or Render Selection, Render In to Out or Render Effects and then the preview files become the basis for the work you're now doing. So you should be able to add color or other things without needing a re-analyzation from WS.

I just tried both ways ... a whole sequence (of a long clip) and part of the clip, segmented with Ctrl-K cuts to begin/end the section I added WS to. Render/Replace for the sequence creates a new media replacing the old, so the effects don't even show in the ECP anymore.

Render/In-out also allowed me to apply WS to the section, and then after it rendered, go ahead and do some other things without needing to re-do WS. And after closing/reopening the sequence, well ... it was 'baked' to the new look, with out the previous things selected.

So ... render/replace and render bits tend to be one-way streets. You don't need to re-analyze BUT ... whatever you've done is done. Unless you go back to the original clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LarKor,

I tend to batch effect clips in After Effects that I know are going to need treatment in Premiere Pro, including 1 light color grade, warp stabilizer, etc. Apply the effects, then run them through AME with the codec I plan to use as my previews and render codec for output. That way I can maintain a smart rendering workflow all the way through.

I only wish I could bypass AE add these effects right in AME as part of the ingest process.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is to keep a second timeline open with the same settings as my master. If a clip requires an intensive effect such as Neat, I'll copy the clip to my secondary timeline, add the effect and add some head and tail trim, then export the clip from the secondary timeline with Match Sequence Settings and Import into Project checked.

This will "bake in" the effect in clip so when it is use that "processed" version I can add additional effects without burdening my system,

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

I believe this is a fine workflow that I might use. I was hoping to have the ability to make changes to the original footage if I should change my mind. (maybe to the NEAT settings a bit different).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines