• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Book Collections

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I use Mac and wondering how can I use the collections in the font book.  I don't want a long list of all the fonts, I would love to organize the fonts in the font book, and decide which collection to use for a specific project.  

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements won't display fonts like that.

It only displays as the list you see and only pays attention to Font Book when you disable or delete fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,  is there a way to get my favorite fonts on the top of the list so I can easily find them instead of scrolling through all of my fonts?   I thought about changing the name of the font to add a space before the name or a number so it would be forced to move to top of the list.  No luck there.

Let me know. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't change the way the font list is in photoshop elements.

Photoshop elements only reads the fonts you add or delete on your system.

Photoshop cc has more in the way of what you want by filtering the font list to just show listing favorites or your recently used fonts at the top of the font list, but photoshop cc is subscription software that one pays about $10 a month to use.

Also photoshop can be use with third party font panels that allow even more customization of the font list.

About fonts in Photoshop

The Creative Cloud Photography plan is $10 a month and includes photoshop cc anf Lighroom.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did disable the fonts in the font book and it is still showing up in the PSE.    (No offense to PS, I prefer PSE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give an example of a font you disabled in Font Book, but still shows in pse?

Your using an account with administrative privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seravek is one example.   And yes, this laptop is my personal laptop so I have administrative access.

Bottom line, I have to scroll through 300 fonts to find what I would like to use every time?  These 300 are the ones that came with the laptop, I just started to install my own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines