1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2017 12:21 AM by Mylenium

Photoshop CS5 Crashes After Quitting on macOS High Sierra - Any Solutions?

msierra185 Level 1

I use Photoshop CS5 (mostly for drawing cartoons & comics) and when I was using macOS Sierra, it would crash after I quit the application, other than that it was working fine. I was able to fix it by changing the folder name “CS5ServiceManager” to “CS5ServiceManager.bak”.

However, recently I’ve Just updated my Mac to macOS High Sierra and now I’m having the same problem again and I don’t know how to fix it since the folder name is still the same “CS5ServiceManager.bak”. I was thinking of uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop CS5 since I still have the disk but I’m not sure if it'll fix it. So far, Photoshop only crashes when I’m quitting the application. (Which I find odd since how can a software crash after closing it?) But as long that I’m still able to use Photoshop, that’s all that matters right? Or am I better using an alternative software for my art?

And so far it’s only Photoshop that‘s having the crashing problem, I did a quick check on Illustrator and Flash and they don’t crash after quitting the applications.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS5 Crashes After Quitting on macOS High Sierra - Any Solutions?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

So far, Photoshop only crashes when I’m quitting the application. (Which I find odd since how can a software crash after closing it?)

Nothing odd about it. Programs don't simply cease operation, they have to actively unload from memory, stop threads and auxiliary processes, wipe temporary files. The rest are probably some kind of compatibility issue. After all, your CS 5 version is now getting old and was never designed or tested for High Sierra.

Mylenium