• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my computer to meet the system requirements for Photoshop and Lightroom CC? I do not need to know the system requirements. I need to know what to do about it. Thanks.

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Creative Cloud Download & Install .]

Bought a new camera.  Found out that my Photoshop and Lightroom does not support this camera (which sucked).  Decide to go ahead and order the online versions. Then find out that my computer doesn't meet system requirements.  So frustrated.  At this point, may see if dealer will buy back the camera because this is getting too complicated and I can not get answers anywhere.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

If you are not a professional and love photography, you might enjoy using the CC version of Lightroom which is completely independent of your computer. It is completely in the cloud. That said there are trade-offs because this new cloud-based Lightroom is light on features. However, if you are using a new camera and more focused on shooting and sharing rather than editing for work related instances you might like this path.

Check this out short video and see if it could work for you. It's free wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to answer without knowing how old your computer is, what platform you're on, what version of OS you have and what kind of camera you bought.

When your livelihood depends on technology keeping software and hardware up to date is not a choice. There may be an upgrade path we can recommend if you can provide the basic information about your system and new camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is 5 years old. It is OS X. I am upgrading to high sierra as I type. My new camera is canon EOS 5D mark iv. I am not a professional which is why it is getting harder to justify spending more money. I️ just love photography. That is part of why I feel I may have gotten in over my head.  Just wanted the new camera and now all I’m doing is downloading, and learning new programs. Had no idea the Camera was not recognized by my current versions of Lightroom and photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What ARE your current versions of Photoshop and Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not a professional and love photography, you might enjoy using the CC version of Lightroom which is completely independent of your computer. It is completely in the cloud. That said there are trade-offs because this new cloud-based Lightroom is light on features. However, if you are using a new camera and more focused on shooting and sharing rather than editing for work related instances you might like this path.

Check this out short video and see if it could work for you. It's free with the Photography Plan.

Buy Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC | Photo editing and organizing software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to update my computer to the specifications that adobe lightroom requires but it will not work. It doesnt even allow me to use lightroom CC ? not sure what the probem is. I am using a MacOS10.10.5 high sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload a screenshot of About this Mac? Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and select About this mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem!  I just got my new camera and went to tether to Lightroom as I have with my 5D Mark 3 and it wouldn't work with my new 5d mark 4.  So I went to move from Lightroom 6 to the Lightroom Classic CC and it won't load onto my laptop.

Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 8.06.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s because your operating system does not meet the minimum system requirements to run Classic CC.

Lightroom Classic system requirements

Classic CC requires min OS X 10.11. You’re running 10.9.5.

You either need to upgrade your operating system or get a new Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop system requirements

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC system requirements

Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

To run the latest Photoshop and new cloud-based Lightroom CC or desktop Lightroom Classic CC,  you need a modern desktop computer with a supporting Windows or Mac operating system and all the latest updates.    It goes without saying that the minimum system requirements are mere suggestions.  You'll get much more enjoyment from your products with a faster CPU, bigger hard drive, extra RAM and a good graphics card to support your OS + other apps & utilities + Creative Cloud + PS + LR + Bridge + Camera Raw, etc...

If your desktop computer is less than 24 months old, you can probably upgrade your system to meet these requirements.  If you're using a laptop or older desktop,  it's probably time to invest in a new one.

If you can't justify getting a new computer yet, then get  Adobe DNG Converter so you can work with your new camera's files.  Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy. I did try to download the  dng converter but got lost along the way. I will give it another shot if you think it is a good solution.  Will see if upgrading to high sierra has any benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines