Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC installation failure || Error: Exit Code 7|| Mac OS Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACROBAT DC fails to install on new iMac 2017 with Sierra

I am having very serious problems with installing Acrobat on my brand new iMac 21.5" retina.
Acrobat DC fails to install through the Creative Cloud installer in the creative cloud installer app. I get this message.

Exit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW006 ... -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s) ----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 17.12.20098.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_17.012.20098 ----------- ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully. ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to install even the Acrobat reader, it gets worse. The installer freezes at around 70 %. I force quit out ( after waiting 15 - 20 minutes)  and then my fan starts to go very high and my activity monitor shows a 50 % consistent CPU usage. I try to manually close the processes that are taking up the CPU but after I quit or force quite them, they come back.

I am now concerned that these installers are damaging my new system. There are definitely processes working in the background even though there are no installers working in the finder and I am actually prevented from installing anything as because I get a message that says " Waiting for previous installation to end" or something similar to that.

I have  a 2017 21.5 " iMac i7 retina 4k with 32 GB of ram and an SSD boot drive. This machine should be able to isntall Acrobat in its literal sleep.

CSL

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ChrisSL

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per the description above, you are not able to install the Acrobat Pro DC on Mac 2017 Sierra and the Adobe Reader is also freezing the installer and the machine during the installation, and getting the error Exit Code:7, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB doc Error exit code 6, exit code 7 installing Adobe Creative Cloud

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !

I had two sessions with two folks at Adobe Chat over the last 6 months, scanned over 100 forum posts trying many approaches in there and also pretty much everything except for one thing in the document you linked to me.

I am definitely not alone in this exact error.

It is incredibly frustrating.

CSL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CSL,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Try creating a test user profile with full admin rights and check.

Let us know your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Anand,

Problem is not their computer, it is your system(server). Because when we stop installation (force to quit - for any reason), adobe is still thinking this installation still continue & don't let new one for sure.

solution guys,

create new adobe id for installation & trick their stupid system. After installation, change your adobe id which you made purchase.

cheers

Aykut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines