3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2018 1:01 PM by AnandSri

Acrobat Pro DC installation failure || Error: Exit Code 7|| Mac OS Sierra

ChrisSL Level 1

ACROBAT DC fails to install on new iMac 2017 with Sierra

I am having very serious problems with installing Acrobat on my brand new iMac 21.5" retina.
      Acrobat DC fails to install through the Creative Cloud installer in the creative cloud installer app. I get this message.

Exit Code: 7 Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW003, DW006 ... -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s) ----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 17.12.20098.0 Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg_17.012.20098 ----------- ERROR: DW006: Apple Package failed to install successfully. ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Acrobat DC/Acrobat DC Installer.pkg failed with exit code: 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I try to install even the Acrobat reader, it gets worse. The installer freezes at around 70 %. I force quit out ( after waiting 15 - 20 minutes)  and then my fan starts to go very high and my activity monitor shows a 50 % consistent CPU usage. I try to manually close the processes that are taking up the CPU but after I quit or force quite them, they come back.

I am now concerned that these installers are damaging my new system. There are definitely processes working in the background even though there are no installers working in the finder and I am actually prevented from installing anything as because I get a message that says " Waiting for previous installation to end" or something similar to that.

I have  a 2017 21.5 " iMac i7 retina 4k with 32 GB of ram and an SSD boot drive. This machine should be able to isntall Acrobat in its literal sleep.

CSL