3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 7:02 AM by adninjastrator

Firefox and FLV playback bug...

japhi
      When I make an flv player (either by using a FLVPlayback component or a custom video player using netStream/netConnection), in FireFox 2.0.0.14 the video will only play once, if I try to play it again or refresh the page it won't play (onStatus reports the the stream is invalid), however if I clear the cache it will play once again... using "close()" and "clear()" don't fix it, I have to either close firefox and re-open or clear the cache, any ideas on how to solve this?

I also have Adobe's latest flash player.
      And it works fine in IE.
        • 1. Re: Firefox and FLV playback bug...
          japhi Level 1
          quote:

Originally posted by: japhi
          When I make an flv player (either by using a FLVPlayback component or a custom video player using netStream/netConnection), in FireFox 2.0.0.14 the video will only play once, if I try to play it again or refresh the page it won't play (onStatus reports the the stream is invalid), however if I clear the cache it will play once again... using "close()" and "clear()" don't fix it, I have to either close firefox and re-open or clear the cache, any ideas on how to solve this?

I also have Adobe's latest flash player.
          And it works fine in IE.

Never mind on this I figured out it's a problem with my hosting( tried it out on my other account and it works fine).
          • 2. Re: Firefox and FLV playback bug...
            Danbo342

Just curious but what problem with hosting? I am troubleshooting a similar problem and started a thread about it asking exactly that in a "What else could I be missing kind of way". This of course is an old thread but anyone can feel free to comment as to what my host may be blocking to why my videos never stream when using progressive download (not flash media server).

Thanks

• 3. Re: Firefox and FLV playback bug...
              adninjastrator Level 4

Can you direct download the video file by using the URL of the video file (not the video player but the video file itself), such as:

http://www.cidigitalmedia.com/videos/hurricane1.flv

That's one of the very first steps in troubleshooting the issue... can the file be downloaded.

Best wishes,

Adninjastrator