• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track mixer plugins still broken in 5.1 sequence

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new version (CC2018), the bug is still not fixed.

All my plugins are in the effects panel, but most of them don't appear in the track mixer (for 5.1 sequence only, seems fine for stereo sequence).

Native plug-ins are not always showing up neither, like the loudness radar.

It is very inconsistent. Sometimes, a plugin shows up, maybe the day after it disappears...

It is very annoying! I bought quite a few expensive plug-ins and I rely on it for my work (like the Ozone Insight meter, or the UM226 stereo->5.1). It's very frustrating I can't use them.

Adobe, please fix this soon!

Matthieu.

PS: i tried on two different computer, re-install my plugins, reset Premiere settings, re-install it... The problem is ALWAYS here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're just users.  Use the following to report to Adobe directly.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time you have external plug-ins, the first place to check on usability issues is with the folks you bought the plugin from. They should have good experience at making their plugin work within PrPro or any other appropriate app ... and if they don't, I wouldn't buy from them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion!

A year ago, there was a problem with all upmix (stereo to 5.1) plugins. I wrote to the one I’m using (UM226) and it was fixed in the following Premiere version.

But here, its ALL the plugins that might appear and disappear. Sometimes, I can find some of them in VST, but not VST3 or vice versa. And the Premiere native plugin (Loudness Radar) also appear and disappear...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something might be wrong with your install.  The Loudness Radar stays put for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem on my two computers. My assistant has the same problem.

I just uninstall ALL my sound plugins. I uninstalled Premiere, delete all the preference. Then I created a new 5.1 sequence and still lots of missing plugins.

Screenshot 2017-11-17 22.29.16.pngScreenshot 2017-11-17 22.56.40.pngScreenshot 2017-11-17 22.56.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall PrPro with the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool?

If not, I would do that as an OS uninstall or even the one from the CC Desktop App don't get everything placed in the various nooks & crannies that these apps store things in. And it's frequently ​those​ bits that cause such problems.

Not a guarantee of course, but a possibility.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice.

I did use the Cleaning tool and I made a lot of tests recently to understand what is making the issue appears.

When I uninstall all my audio plugins, uninstall Premiere and use the cleaning tool, the Louness Radar is back.

But then, if I install any plugin, the Loudness radar disappear. If I go to the Audio Plugin manager, and detect all the plugins, then the Loudness radar might come back.

But when I quit and relaunch Premiere, it might disappear again. Also, concerning the third party plugin, they might appear at first (as VST, VST3 or AU), but some will disappear when Premiere is relaunched.

the odd thing is: they are recognized by premiere, just they don’t show up in the track mixer. For example, when a plugin is appearing, I add it to a 5.1 track. Then I relaunch Premiere. Then the plugin is still working where it was added previously, but if I want to add it on another track, it might not be present anymore.

Sometimes, on one sequence, I have almost no plugin available. Then I create a new sequence with 5.1 sound and some of the plugin might be there, but not all of them.

I made tests for the past two days on two different computers and I couldn’t find any pattern to this issue.

I tested with some Waves plug-ins, some from izotope and from ZOOM.

Sometimes, some plugins might appear as VST, but not as AU not VST3 and vice-versa.

It really seems like that there is a issue with the way Premiere is handling audio plugin in 5.1 sequence (AU, VST, VST3). Again, if I have a stereo track, all the  plugins are working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be handy to get Jim_Simon​, SAFEHARBOR11​ maybe to comment on this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines