• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change line width after it is drawn?

Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started a project hand drawn, using the brush tool at size 3, and then somehow didn't catch that some frames are drawn with brush size 4.

I can't find anything in the program that allows me to select frame and change brush width.

Please help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

You can't ex post facto change the thickness of brush strokes, because brush strokes are converted to outlines when they're drawn. From that point it's just a shape as far as Animate is concerned. If you want to draw strokes that you can change the thickness of, use the pen, pencil, or paintbrush tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are normal paths you've laid down, you will need to select all the objects and then adjust the stroke value. Use the selection tool to choose them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select everything I want to change, I don't see an option for input to adjust the stroke value and I couldn't find anything in the tabs / modify tab either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't ex post facto change the thickness of brush strokes, because brush strokes are converted to outlines when they're drawn. From that point it's just a shape as far as Animate is concerned. If you want to draw strokes that you can change the thickness of, use the pen, pencil, or paintbrush tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes - I was thinking the new paint brush tool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were using the regular brush, your lines are just regular fills. So you can't automatically change the width.

One emergency fix you can try is to:

- Get the Ink Bottle Tool (S);

- Set its stroke height to 2;

- Click on each of your brush strokes at size 4;

- Select all these clicked fills along with their added strokes;

- Go to Modify > Shape > Convert Lines to Fills;

- Select the strokes converted to fills using the Selection Tool (V);

- Delete these converted strokes.

You should now have brush strokes with similar sizes.

Alternatively, you can do all the previous steps with the brush strokes at size 3. But instead of deleting them, you are going to leave them with the same color used originally by each brush stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you bro. weird though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another tip: control/adjust/change fill and stroke on Adobe Animate CC by using the primitive tool (e.g. Oval Primitive Tool) instead of the tool (e.g. Oval Tool).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines