I have been on a flash media application that reads from an
XML file retrieves external files and media files and starts to
play them automatically. This is fine. The problem occurs when the
user clicks to load another media file which in turn parses over a
new XML file and retrieves external and media files (this works
fine) but the auto playing of the files is not working correctly.
What is occuring is this.
1. Using trace statements I have verified that all of the
external files that are required are loaded.
2. Loading of the audio/media file is loaded
3. Check to see if the audio file is playing via the
mediaPlayer.playing which returns true
4. Checking of the playhead position is always 0 (checking
this with an interval method)
5. No sound is playing at all, playhead is not moving but the
app says it is playing.
Now, if I click on the pause button and then click on the
play button it starts playing just fine.
What could be the issue that the media player says its
playing, but is not actually playing because the playhead is never