Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"ticking" all sub-keywords by "ticking" parent keyword

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Im searching a way to "tick" all the childrens (sub-keywords) of a parent keyword as i "tick" the parent (kind of visualization on pic related)

So i could create several sets of "parent keywords" containing some "children keywords" inside and by selecting particular parents i could have added all keywords from its children to the picture in few simple clicks.

It would be very useful instead of clicking every each keyword from children every time.

Actually im surprised that bridge doesnt have that functionality build-in. Unless it have?

bridge.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help!

cheers!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for the same answer, and digging around a bit, I found out how to do it, so here goes:

You have to make a keyword tree instead of placing all sub keywords in one group at the same level. So, to use your example, instead of making a group called "footage" with a set of keywords at one level below it, you do a parent keyword "footage", than create the sub keyword "3d rendering". Then make “animation” a sub keyword of "3d rendering", and “closeup” a sub keyword of animation, and so on, so you get a series of sub keywords at an increasingly deeper level instead of just all keywords in a group at the same level.

Then in Bridge go to Edit->Preferences->Keywords, select "Automatically Apply Parent Keywords”. If you then select the keyword group "Footage", and click at the bottom level sub keyword “spin", that will apply all keywords up to the top level “footage” to the image file. If you only want to apply one of the keywords in the tree, select it by shift-clicking. If you select the whole tree by mistake, shift-click the bottom level keyword to deselect the whole tree, and then select the individual keywords that you need by shift-clicking them. Alternativelty, if you select the whole tree, you can just click again on the keywords you don’t need to deselect them.

Hope this is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Su_Pei, it should be noted that although this creates the desired results using standard keywords and looks fine in Bridge, there are also Lightroom specific hierarchical keywords being created “silently” in the background… The Lightroom specific hierarchical keywords will be different between the two methods. So, the Bridge keyword/subkeyword stucture of:

Parent Keyword

+Child Keyword 1

+Child Keyword 2

+Child Keyword 3

vs.

Parent Keyword

+Child Keyword 1

++Child Keyword 2

+++Child Keyword 3

Would write two different Lightroom specific hierarchical keyword structures into the files, which may not be an issue for some users, while for others it could create problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pointing that out. Not really an issue for me, since I work with Bridge, ACR and PS rather than with LR, but it will be helpful to those whose workflow includes both Bridge and LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines