Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 4.4 crashes on SD card insert

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi y'all,

I updated last week to High Sierra and now my LR 4.4 crashes every time I insert SD card to MB Air's card reader. I keeps crashing as long as the card is there, once I remove the card and start it once (crashes), then the next start works again normally.

The message that I get is 'An error occured when attempting to change modules'. Nobody has described this error coming at SD card inserting, but nevertheless I tried tips advised there:

* deleted Lightroom4.plist

* updated folder read rights to read+write to staff and everyone

* opened another catalog (crashes with them too, so I assume creating a new one won't make any difference)

* uninstalled Nik Software plugins

I haven't resinstalled the app yet as I seem to have only 4.3 version saved and link to downloading old version tells me to contact support, but that link opens only this help forum and other DIY help resources.

Any help on this?

Timo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

FYI that I now upgraded to LR 6.13 and crashing stopped.

Too bad that only CC apps are developed from now on, but I think I'll do fine with this version for 2-3 years and then start to consider more expensive CC.

Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timo,

Could you please check if you have any other devices plugged in when you insert the SD card in?

Also, have you tried inserting a different SD card?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

I usually have plugged-in a 2TB external drive to where I move my photos after going through them in LR. Now I unmounted that hard disk and tested LR with SD card and it still did the same crash.

I've been testing with two different SD cards (the 1st one formatted to Sony DSLR and 2nd for Fuji pocket camera) and both create the same effect. Also if I connect my iPhone with USB cable, it also triggers that same crashing.

Brgds,

Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saved the 'system dump' of crash, which contains list of open processes etc. data of the situation.

Would it help if I delivered that to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please share the crash report with us so that we can review it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see any 'dangerous' information in it so didn't start to ask a way to send it directly to you, but published it here:

LR4.4 crash.rtf - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As High Sierra is a relatively new Operating system it looks like the older version of Adobe apps are not compatible with the Os. Please check this link as it states that The latest versions of all Creative Cloud products are compatible. macOS High Sierra (10.13) compatibility FAQ | Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds probable. Would you have any idea if it's something that Apple will fix in x.1 version or is it some old technique that's not supported anymore and hence there's no fix coming?

Well, anyway I probably upgrade to LR 6.13 now that it's still available and it's probably quite well fixed being version .13.

Just that it would be good to know that this problem isn't there too...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI that I now upgraded to LR 6.13 and crashing stopped.

Too bad that only CC apps are developed from now on, but I think I'll do fine with this version for 2-3 years and then start to consider more expensive CC.

Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines