• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cs5, windows keep snapping back, Cant drag out of tab bar

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im having trouble with my photoshop cs5, since starting up this morning all images keep snapping back to the top left bar, I can't move them out freely.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong?

please!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Creative Suites forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s an iMac mid 2011. macOS sierra version 10.12.5. creative suite 5.1. Thanks for getting in touch. I’ve never had any problems until now and I’m stuck in the middle of a major project and very frustrated. Any help would be most appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

This just started happening to me too! 😕  I don't know why and I haven't found a permanent solution but if you hold down SHIFT, CONTROL, COMMAND you'll be able to move files around without snapping.  A pain but it works.

I hope we can find a better solution though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for that, I have finally rang Apple who helped me immensely, I couldn’t put up with it any longer. They linked to my computer and we went through several things to illiminate the problem. They didn’t know exactly what the problem was but by providing a bit of code and resetting it has worked, so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem too. What exactly was done for the "reset"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know, too. I recently started having the same problem.

I'm on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.11.6, using CS5. Had it for years, obviously, but just in the past few months it started doing this.

To restate for anyone who hasn't grasped the problem: I open multiple files in Photoshop (doesn't seem to happen if only one file is open). I can possibly take ahold of the windows and move them once or twice, but if I try to move any of them again, I haven't even let go of my mouse button and the window zips back to its previous position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, MacBook Pro with OS X 10.11.6, using CS5 Version 12.1 x64. This sits below my EIZO monitor and has recently started to do exactly the same as you. With more than one window open you try and drag files around and they 'snap' back to their original position. Highly frustrating.  

Please can anyone help? Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Do you have a solution to this issue, I'experiencing exactly the same problem.

Cheers

Piet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone, so here's the answer - there is none.

CS5 to CS6 is officially "unsupported" by Adobe if you're running any flavor of a recent OSX installation. My problems started happening around 10.12 OSX Sierra and my recent upgrade to 10.13 High Sierra has made it worse. In short, CS5 and CS6 were not developed to play nicely with current Mac operating systems. And since these are technically legacy versions of Adobe products, no longer supported. I found this out quickly when the Adobe representative ended our chat immediately after finding out I was on High Sierra. They are washing their hands of any support!

I wiped my other Macbook Pro and installed 10.8 Lion with CS5 on there. Then I've incremently upgraded my OS up to 10.10 Yosemite and the same issues on CS5 have resurfaced. The jumping of the screens is annoying but I can live with it (for now). What was worse was the entire CS5 application crashing when on High Sierra. I think the last flavor of OSX that won't give you any of these problems may be 10.9 Mavericks or 10.8 Mountain Lion, if you're willing to use older OS versions.

Hope that sheds some light on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi melissab33,

I've had the same annoying issues, tried what you suggested and it helped, thank you... I continued with your suggestion and found that it's cured at least for me anyway) if you just hold down the 'Cmd' key then drag the window around, it doesn't 'snap' back!... it saves a bit of time and looking down and a couple of fingers....

Looks like an attempt by Adobe to get everyone subscribing to CC!

Hope this help and thanks of the initial solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this worked for me...

Photoshop (dropdown in upper left) > Preferences > Interface

Uncheck: Enable Floating Document Window Docking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been happening to me for months. On a Mac and have not upgraded to Sierra because I was afraid the kind of thing would happen. But it is happening anyway.

I think I just found the answer:

It seems to be working. I'm not sure how it got set to begin with.

Found it here:

Untab image windows in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks janetzag !!!  That did it!  This issue has been driving me crazy.  It's an issue with with CC version also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that helped you. I have searched for this answer so many times and this was the first time I found it. It's always about the right wording with searches!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks janet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines