• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default bullets are indented, shouldn't be

Participant ,
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently converted my RH6 projects to RH7. So far, everything is working well except for one minor problem: all my bulleted and numbered list items are now indented from the left about 18 px. (The bullets and numbers used to be aligned with Normal). To create these lists, I simply styled the paragraph as Normal, then used the bullet and numbered list icons on the RH tool bar.

Since I don't remember ever setting up a default indent (or lack of one) for bullets and numbers, I'm not sure how to "undo" the indent. That is, where do I define that list-style=decimal and list-style=disc should be aligned left? The Bullets and Numbering form lets me choose the bullet or number style, but not the indent. And since I simply use Normal, I never defined an indent in my style sheet.

Surely there's an automatic way to un-indent everything--what am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kathy,

Go to Format > Styles, and in the left box, expand the Other category. Do you see a Lists item? If so, select it, and look at the description under the Character preview box on the right to see if there is a left margin specified. You can change the indent by clicking the Format button, going to Paragraph, and putting a value in the Left box under Indentation. See if that changes your lists' margin.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks so much! I never explored that Other category before...

k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp