Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound while RAM previewing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

So my After Effects runs fine with all projects, for some reason there is only one project that suddenly doesn't have any sound. There is absolutely no trouble RAM previewing, even without video there is still no sound.

This screenshot is saying enough. You can see it does have sound, nothing is muted (as far as I can see), there are audio peaks at the audio tab etc. I only use one audio input, which is a headphone.

fcde707ce0477550881f52685c5c6a12.png

NOTE: This only happens with this project and I really dont know what it is. Even when making another composition with sound in it it wont play. I even tried putting only music/sound in a composition, nothing.

Is my AE acting like an alien ? No ''fix'' I found in other threads have worked yet.

Specs:
i5 6200u
GTX 950m
16GB Ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Alright, I gave up on finding a solution and re-installing AE seemed to work! I appreciate all of your quick replies to my thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Covert your mp3 files to a less compressed format such as wav, then use those wav files in place of your mp3's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! This was legit the first thing i tried :/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some sounds are .wav already, yet AE refused to play any sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you've checked the sound files in another player / app and they play OK?

1. Can you Edit > Purge > all memory and disk cache.

2. Shorten your work area: to 5 seconds or so: playhead in one location, hit the B key, move playhead 5 seconds further down the timelime hit the N key. Make sure you have a full green line preview bar at the top of the timeline for that work area.

Any joy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes sound play perfectly somewhere else. Its just this project which refused to play any other sound/music or whatever.

The methods you mentioned are already done. Yet still no fix till this time .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you temporarily delete the mp3 tracks from the project - without saving, does the 'fast woosh' wav play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just tried it! And it still didn't fix anything. This is really frustrating and I can't think of any solution anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import that project into another project where sound is working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter into Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and check if your Default Output is set correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I gave up on finding a solution and re-installing AE seemed to work! I appreciate all of your quick replies to my thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear you finally got it working : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines