4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2008 8:25 AM by clbeech

link issues

heath_edw
      i'm trying to get a small 'dockbar' animation going which will end up having three buttons to various parts of a website i'm building. unfortunately, i can't seem to get any link scripts to work. i have my buttons ready to go, but if someone could post a script for a simple link to the same page, that i could paste into the 'actions' panel, that'd be great...
        • 1. Re: link issues
          clbeech Level 3
          are you trying to navigate within the swf timeline? or to another html 'page'?

use the getURL() method to navigate to another html page as in:

my_btn.onPress = function() {
          getURL( ' http://www.thedomain.com/page.html' );
          }

or the gotoAdnStop() method to navigate the timeline:

my_btn.onPress = function() {
          gotoAndStop( [frame or label] );
          }
          • 2. Re: link issues
            heath_edw Level 1
            it'll link to other html pages, so thanks for the scripts. i'll give them a go, and see what happens...
            thanks, again...
            • 3. Re: link issues
              heath_edw Level 1
              sorry to be back...

i get a "1120: Access of undefined property my_btn." error for the first line of code,
              and a "1180: Call to a possibly undefined method getURL." error for the second...

do i replace the 'my_btn' with the button name, or does this apply to the layer?
              am very much a beginner...
              • 4. Re: link issues
                clbeech Level 3
                yes these code should be on the timeline also. and yes it should be the 'instance name' of the button you are using - to assign an 'instance name' select the button on the Stage and look in the properties panel - you will see a box on the right that say... <instance name> type the name in there and use it in your code.