• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "Auto" Develop

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to stop Lightroom from "auto" developing my photos (and preferably undo that it has done this)?

When I import the import settings are to default, my impression is that Lightroom should just import the photo as shot in the camera and leave it alone, not change anything with it.  However, it goes through and seems to try to auto-develop each one, and quite frankly does a horrible job of it.  An example of what I mean, I just imported a shoot, the current picture up has its exposure set to +.6, contrast +10, Highlights -32, shadows + 32, whites +14, Blacks -46, etc.  The next photo has completely different settings.  So before I can develop them myself I have to completely undo what has been changed (easily done with presets back to zero).  Do I just need to apply a preset to zero to all imports?  However, really what I want is a way to tell lightroom to leave my photos alone, if I want settings changed I want to be the one doing it. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are accidentally applying a preset when you import. In the Import dialog box, you need to make sure that no preset is selected (or you can choose to apply a preset that does things you want).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to applying a preset on import, in Preferences>Presets, you may have inadvertently changed the default preset.  Click on "Reset all default Develop settings".

Screenshot 2017-11-15 11.16.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the auto-tone in addition to the develop settings may have been it.  I have reset these and have turned off the auto-tone.  I will see if it fixes it next time I import.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As well as Presets, consider also you may have a 'Default Camera Calibration Profile' being applied at import (a default that is not to your liking!).

You can define any way you want your photos to look when imported-

And if you like your camera JPG renderings-

Photograph one image in both raw+jpg, if the jpg is acceptable colour etc, develop the raw image to exactly match visually (Hint: Use Reference View [Shift+R] ).

These Develop settings can be set as the “camera default” to automatically apply to every photo imported.  Suggest you also include the Lens Chromatic Aberration and lens Profile corrections by having them checked on.

Menu > develop > set default settings.

Defaults can also be set in the Develop module by holding [Alt]  and clicking on the [RESET] button below the right-hand panels.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the setting mentioned by Joe, there is also a setting to apply auto-tone on import that was present in older versions of Lightroom. It has been removed recently but it is in the same preference pane. Make sure that is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines