• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens when I disable Adobe-related services?

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a severe slow down of my new Windows 10 computer since I started using Dreamweaver CC 2017. I also use Acrobat DC Pro, and Photoshop CS6. As a possible solution, I stopped all Adobe-related services and changed to them to manual start. The difference in response speed for other tasks is amazing. My Windows 10 is again quite zippy.

Both Dreamweaver and Acrobat seem to function normally.

My question is, What am I giving up by stopping the Adobe services?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DonStrack,

I have moved your post to the Creative Cloud forum. The experts here should be able to answer your question.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will depend on what you stopped... some possibilities

Quick starting of the program to read a PDF and/or Update notices are two that I can think of

But, again, there is no way for anyone to respond without knowing what you stopped from running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the services I stopped, and changed to start manually only.

Adobe-services.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got you. I checked with my colleagues, and they said that each of these services performs a task that could affect how you use the software.

For example, disabling the Adobe Genuine Software service could potentially affect licensing of your software. Disabling sync services would affect sync operations related to CC. I recommend that you do not disable any of the Adobe related services to avoid running into issues.

If you are experiencing issues with performance of software, contact the Customer Care team Contact Customer Care for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although not a real answer to my question, the reply from Preran is as expected as an official corporate reply. I have been using all my Adobe products (Dreamweaver CC, Photoshop CS6, Acrobat DC) for at least a week, without any Adobe services running. They all work just fine, and I am able to manually check for updates, including Creative Cloud. And my 1-month-old computer is very quick; as quick as when I had not yet installed my Adobe applications. The Adobe services must be real resource hogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines