Are you running on Windows 10?
You could try doing a repair on your catalog to see if there are any errors there
- Load organizer
- Go to File -> Manage Catalogs
- You should see your catalog marked as (current) - select it and click on the Repair button
- If it finds any errors it should give you the option to repair them
- Close the dialogue box
You could make sure that there are no disconnected images - this is normally done by the backup but it might be worth doing first.
- Load the organizer
- Go to File -> Reconnect -> All missing files
- If there are any missing files, you have option to reconnect them or remove them from the catalog.
Now try the backup again
How large is your catalog in terms of number of items?
Yes I am running Windows 10 home 64 bit. There about 55,000 files in my catalog. I tried those things you said, but any thing I try ends up the same. When I tried each of those the program froze up. I don't what to do I cannot back up my catalog no matter what I try. Any help from anyone would be great. Thanks.
We need to establish whether the problem lies in the catalog or the system.