• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlicensed Adobe Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that comes with a copy of Adobe Acrobat X Pro. Recently, something went wrong and I can't opened my Adobe Acrobat so I reinstalled it. Now it prompts me for serial number again. What should I do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter the serial number? Strange that a new laptop should come with a version of Acrobat discontinued over 5 years ago, were you expecting that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might check with the vendor you purchased the laptop from. Some pre-installed software these days comes as a trial, some comes installed but without the ability to reinstall. It sucks, I know, but it depends on the company who sold it to you and / or the company who made the computer. We can't tell what they did on your computer.

Google "pre-installed software" for more info.

As Test Screen Name said, Acrobat X has been discontinued. The version after that—Acrobat XI—is no longer supported either.

The current versions are Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC. If you don't get anywhere with the manufacturer or the place where you bought it, and you still want Acrobat, check into the newer versions--they are awesome! But you can try taking it up with them first if want to pursue the old version that you no longer have.

Good luck, and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name, Yes it comes with Adobe Acrobat X Pro as the full version surprisingly, and no i wasn't expecting that.

@jane-e, the laptop I am using are for work purposes. Apparently X Pro doesn't work well with Windows 10 and crashes frequently in my office. I considered getting DC but to pay annually for it is crazy. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 2017 was released in June 2017 and is not subscription. It will get updates, but not any new features that the subscription Acrobat DC will get. It comes in Pro and Standard.

Test Screen Name I spent a half an hour talking to the Acrobat team when I was at Adobe MAX. Acrobat DC no longer has a permanent license version (unless, of course, you want to call that Acrobat 2017!)

What's new in Adobe Acrobat 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll need to contact the sender, if you paid for this. If you didn't pay for it specifically, perhaps it was a trial version that's now finished, but you couldn't pay for it anyway. Acrobat DC comes as subscription and permanent license versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines