• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC 2018 PrePro/AE Invalid Font

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the last two days, Iv'e had a terrible time with Premiere Pro and After Effects.. even Photoshop CC 2018. Every time I open and create a new project in PrePro I get an error message listing all of the fonts saying that they're invalid. When opening AE the error I get says "The font dictionary can't be read. (83::4)"

Iv'er tried uninstalling all of my CC apps, reinstalling and even trying older versions of CC and the problem remains. I have also tried the suggested ideas on this site Adobe provides: "The font dictionary can't be read" error in After Effects

Over all, when in any of the CC applications, they seem to be really touchy and freeze a lot all of a sudden. MY QUESTION: Does this sound like a CC 2018 bug issue... or can anyone think of something else that would provide a solution?? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here. After updating to CC 2018.
My Premiere Events window shows Invalid Font.
This warning pops up every time. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is becoming quite a chink in my workflow. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since I went to CC2018.

The text tool is unusable, it simply won't work and it gives me this error:

The red dialog box that says:

A low level exception occured in...
AE.ADBE Text

(GPUVideoFitler::GetFrameDependencies)

And when I click the yellow triangle with exclamation mark, a whole list of invalid fonts (not installed by me) appears.

I did find a solution online to the problem of fonts not working in Photoshop, I simply had to delete the CT Font Cache folder.
It can be found in: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that worked right after posting my previous message.

Go to: "The font dictionary can't be read" error in After Effects

Solution nr 2 worked for me. I used the search function in windows explorer to find adobefnt files on my c drive, then moved them to trash.
Rebooted, and so far premiere, photoshop and after effects work fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorrit your solution fixed my problem beautifully!

None of the Adobe documentation is event current, all refers to CS5.  Searching for the file came up with about 50+ results on my machine.  Trashing them and then rebooting fixed everything!

Thanks!
Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Option 2 didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont work like thisPremiere.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I went through all the options and tricks that there is... and I still have the issue with the invalid fonts. Which is a big issue because I have a huge premiere project and it keeps switching the font to courier instead of the original that was working in the previous PP version. Please help! Skærmbillede 2018-05-09 kl. 11.21.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i still have the issue as well. any fixes. the #2 one did not work because i can't find that folder in the Library (on a mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines