• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am looking for a keyboard shortcuts printable aide

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want an information sheet that has all the keyboard shortcuts on it. It is laid out like a computer keyboard and shows you the keys to press to use the keyboard instead of going up to the 'file' panels.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

I don't know if they are up to date, but you can give it a try

Know the default keyboard shortcuts in Dreamweaver and learn how to customize them

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if they are up to date, but you can give it a try

Know the default keyboard shortcuts in Dreamweaver and learn how to customize them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry. This is exactly the kind I don't want. I want the kind that has the shortcuts laid out on a keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christineavatar  wrote

I want the kind that has the shortcuts laid out on a keyboard.

Nobody has created one that I know of.   Many keyboard  shortcuts are combinations of 2 or 3 keys held down at the same.  Example:  Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean that sort of colored keyboard... created at its time by Avid

http://community.avid.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/0...

if that is your request, and as said Nancy, how would you represent on of the most useful ones (at least for me)... {ctrl|cmd}-shift-U...or Alt-Shift-F11... or making distinction in between... {Ctrl|cmd}-w and {Ctrl|cmd}-shift-W ?... just curious....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there are many different keyboards for Mac, Win, Desktops & Laptops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes and no. I just want a printable layout of the keyboard with the keys marked for the special shortcuts they perform.  I received one on this website (Adobe) for Adobe Animate. I haven't found any others. I work in Animate, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and After Effects (Character Animator). I would like to find the shortcuts for all of them. How knew it would be this hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please send us the url of the animate one,  just to help us to see how it's look like...

i.e how the ones that I most use are represented... Ctrl-shift-V, or Ctrl-Alt-Enter, or Shift-Alt-F12, or Ctrl-Shift-Alt-B... well you got the bottom line... isn't it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to be pedantic but keyboard shortcuts and toolbar hotkeys are different.  Photoshop has many hotkeys that give focus to tools on the toolbar if they're visible..

This graphic was from PS Creative Suite.   And it doesn't begin to cover all you can do in PS with combination keystrokes. 

http://assets.hongkiat.com/uploads/adobe-shortcuts-wallpapers/ps/1024x768.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver is a bit of an odd duck, unlike many of Adobe's other programs, DW has very few single-key keyboard shortcuts. Most are on the peripheral keys (F buttons, number pad and the in-between buttons like Insert, Home, Page Up, etc)

That's due, in large part, to the fact that typing content in DW doesn't require the use of a "Type Tool" first. You simply click where you want to add text, be it code, or html content, and start typing.

I'm not sure how a designer would visually display all of the possible options a given key could have on a printed "Keyboard Layout Piece" like Nancy shows for Photoshop.

For example, the "N" button in DW does something for every possible Vulcan Neck Pinch combo that the program recognizes...

n = n (In Code or Design View, enters the letter into text fields and the like in Live View)
Shift + n = N (In Code or Design View, enters the letter into text fields and the like in Live View)
Control + n = New...
Control + Shift + n = New File
Control + Alt + n = Code Navigator
Control + Alt + Shift + n = New Folder

Repeating that for every key, many of which have all of the possible combos assigned by default, would be a mess. I think that's probably why the filterable table given in Birnou's link above is likely to be the closest thing you find to a visual representation of all of DW's possible shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines