• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get back the regular black arrow cursor?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently cant get the black arrow for my cursor. Im stuck with the cross-hair cursor that creates a box like its coping an image. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting my tools but nothing works, please help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Acrobat are you using?

You have the Selection tool selected, correct?

Is caps lock on or off?

Does it bring you into the crop window or does it just make a dotted line marquee?

What happens if you change to the Hand tool and back again? Or to other tools?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for responding. Im using 2017 release version 2017.012.20098. I click on the selection tool but it gives me cross-hairs. I can click on the hand to move and that works fine but when i click non the section tool again it goes right back to the cross-hairs. Caps can be on or off it doesn't change anything.  Sometimes it brings up a crop window and other times it highlights the whole page blue which i dont what that is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have an image. It looks like this, correct? If you want the black arrow cursor you need to have text. When you click the entire image turns blue.

Click the picture so that it turns blue, then right-click. Do you now get this menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines