• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe application manager missing or damaged and IMSLib not found

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I started getting 2 pop up messages when I opened my Adobe Acrobat DC (my OS is Windows 10) - Adobe application manager is missing or damaged and Installation problem: IMSLib not found.  I was able to close those error messages and continued working in the PDF file but every time I opened a new one, the messages popped up again.  I called Adobe support today.  They helped me clean and uninstall my existing version of Acrobat (purchased last year) and when we tried to re-install it with the serial number, it said my serial number was not valid.  We downloaded a trial version but when the program opens, I get the same 2 error messages and I can't use the program at all.  The technician didn't know what to do next, so they referred me to the forum.  Any thoughts?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Hi, Anand,

Thank you for your quick reply.  After I posted my original message, I remembered that I purchased my laptop from Dell with the Acrobat already installed.  So I called their tech support and they were able to reinstall my original program which is functioning great.  Although I can't give you specifics, the technician said this was a bug in the Acrobat program and he needed to consult a few forums (maybe these) to find the solution.  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Angelinainc,

We apologize for the inconvinience caused, as per the description above, you are getting Adobe Application Manager missing or damaged and error message of Invalid serial number, Is that correct?

I have checked the records and found that you have a perpetual license of Acrobat Standard DC registered on your current Adobe ID.

Please use the Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool to remove the installed and leftover of Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Link: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart the computer, and then install the Acrobat Standard DC from the following link Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Then use the serial key for the activation.

Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Anand,

Thank you for your quick reply.  After I posted my original message, I remembered that I purchased my laptop from Dell with the Acrobat already installed.  So I called their tech support and they were able to reinstall my original program which is functioning great.  Although I can't give you specifics, the technician said this was a bug in the Acrobat program and he needed to consult a few forums (maybe these) to find the solution.  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Angela

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Angela, that's so awesome to hear. that it's working now.

Give us a shout if you need any assistance with Acrobat/Reader in future.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines