Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent non existing object visible in project. BUG

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 15.32.36.png

blurred out everything for work related reasons - but this is driving me absolutely insane.

It started out with me rendering this project. Suddenly there was this object visible for one frame, an object that I masked in there.

So I double checked, the layer of the object that was visible stopped right in front of when it was showing - so nothing in my power could change it really. Even when I deleted the whole layer, on that particular frame the object was still visible. So I deleted all other layers randomly and suddenly it was gone when I deleted this one unrelated layer.

I tried a lot, clearing my cache, reducing project, starting new project etc... but this object kept appearing on that one frame for no reason at all. Finally I found a fix, I moved a TOTALLY UNRELATED layer a tad to the left and pop it was gone. But nothing between this layer and that object is related, they are not connected in ANY way. But I fixed it, so I saved it and BAM it's there again but worse. It on the whole timeline, and hiding all layers or deleting all layers doesn't change a thing.. I've been at it for hours without any luck.

Anyone knows this problem? Is there a fix?

This is the second time this happened to me, first time was a little easier to fix tho.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing all of your cache and databases?

Does it happen if you import that project into a brand new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cleared everything, and I mean everything. I even went in the local cache media files and deleted them. I've imported it into new projects a couple of times, it's gone for a few minutes but when I save or try to render it, it pops up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A blurred-out project pane doesn't help the diagnostic process at all.

Is this a template you downloaded?  What are your OS and AE versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's adobe cc 2018 and OS 10.12.6. There is no data in the blurred panes that could give you more info. I even tried to open it on a newer iMac with a newer OS and nothing changed.

It's not a template, everything in the file is originally from our company, and I have like 70 other comps with the same files in it, but I only have this problem in this particular comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the render now? Try a fresh output module and render settings.

try rendering in AME vs AE see if that changes anything.

Try changing the rendering option to software only or GPU in the project settings (Whichever is selected, try the other)

Reset your Ae preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Persistent non-existence"  Yikes.   That sounds like something I could stay up talking about 'till 4am,  chain smoking & pulling my hair out.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still seeing this anomaly SanderV? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines