• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a distressed brush effect on a font?

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like this brush effect on a font, but I'm not sure what it is called to recreate. Is there a way to recreate this in Photoshop using a brush technique? If so, do you have a tutorial? Thanks!

Be bold.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

This is probably built within the font itself - like Northwell for example. But if you want to try to create it in a font that you are using, I would rasterize the type layer, then make a mask and use a brush in the mask layer that is of a texture that you like. Maybe a chalk like texture that you can try to emulate that erosion with. It is best it you have a tablet so that you can use the sensitivity and pressure so it looks more natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably built within the font itself - like Northwell for example. But if you want to try to create it in a font that you are using, I would rasterize the type layer, then make a mask and use a brush in the mask layer that is of a texture that you like. Maybe a chalk like texture that you can try to emulate that erosion with. It is best it you have a tablet so that you can use the sensitivity and pressure so it looks more natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I'll try that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines