• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

May Premiere Pro CS6 make use of GeForce MX150?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys

I am at the moment looking for a new ultrabook or small laptop with which I want to work with the whole CS6, especially Premiere Pro and Photoshop.

Unfortunately I am unsure which setup would be best to get the most out of CS6.

In my shortliste there are Asus Zenbook UX3430UN-GV064T and Dell XPS 13, both with a Core i7-8550U and 16GB Ram (I would prefer 32GB but there are absolutely no notebooks with this size to find!).

The big difference of those two models would be the GPU. While the Zenbook uses a GeForce MX150, the Dell uses Inte UHD Graphics 620 (IGP).

Which of both would be better for working with CS6? May CS6 may make use of the GPU at all as it doesn't know those new graphic cards?

I am so looking forward to your answers. Have a nice weekend all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your nVidia card has at least 1Gig of video ram, use the nVidia Hack http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629557 - which is a simple entry in a "supported cards" file, this is for CS6 and CS5, the file is not used by PPro Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your fast reply, John.

I indeed already stumbled upon this hack, but I am still unsure whether Premiere Pro CS6 will take advantage of the MX150. Is it really possible that a (brand) new graphic card will work just by this one line of code, although the program was developed years before this technology existed?

It'd be great if any could provide information what he experienced with newer graphic cards and CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines