• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beauty Box Vs Magic Bullet Cosmo 2? (beauty plug in- acne cover up/blemish removal)

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am sorry if this has been talked about before.I am curious your thoughts on these two programs I need a plug in that will help with covering up acne in videos with lots of scenes/movement. Like tutorial videos.

Other plug in suggestions welcome!!

So there is:

Beauty Box: Plugins & Filters for Video: Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Resolve : Digit...

and

Magic Bullet Cosmo2: Buy Red Giant Magic Bullet Cosmo II - Download the free trial

I am going to try both but I am just curious what you all thought. I edit a LOT of videos, 100+ a month so would like to focus on one that is easier to adjust and such so I don't need to spend hours on one video.

What do you guys think? Thank you so much. It's very appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

The Cosmo seems to lose too much texture to me. I know of more colorists using the Red Giant, but then most of them have complete RG suites.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is probably better handled with makeup before you shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha - yeah that would work however where I work we don't hire MUAs or anything and for my own videos that just isn't plausible. Applying make up to your own back isn't easy what so ever. Not to mention the make up can rub off and it's just a huge pain to deal with. Maybe I should of said that in my main post lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I'm finding Beauty Box easier but I have only spent an hour messing with each one.

Cosmo looks crisper but Beauty Box covers marks much better.

Befores on the left.

Cosmo:

cosmo1.png

Beautybox:

beautybox1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cosmo seems to lose too much texture to me. I know of more colorists using the Red Giant, but then most of them have complete RG suites.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and that is what I was thinking. Yeah if I could get the whole suite I would!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to take a look at MakeUp Artist III by effects wiz Patrick Sheffield:

Sheffield Softworks.com - Distilling Technology from Magic for over half a century

It runs in FX factory and I believe there is a free trial.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is AE though. Want to avoid AE. It's so slow compared to premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! this helps me finish my work!!!! And, the final effect is really awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked it out but it's even more distorting than beauty box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines