• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Original & Update Link are Grayed Out

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See links panel on left where the option to update or even edit the original psd file are grayed out. This is super annoying. Please help!!!

Screenshot 2017-11-19 10.20.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image has been embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not embedded. It was placed as a psd file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's embedded. Otherwise it would have the crossed lines in it when selected.

Did you you save it with "Include linked files" turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Links panel has the embedded icon next to your imported psd. To keep an imported psd linked rather than embedded you have to make  sure that Link is checked in the Place dialog window. If you don't see that option there when you go to place your psd click on the Options button in the lower left corner and the options will appear. See screen shot:

EMBED.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I will try this out. Maybe before that option for me was always checked and I hadn’t realized it. I never have had to do this before and I’ve been using ai my whole life practically. It was always linked and never embedded. Thanks.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. I place a PSD file. I linked. But when I click embedded (after place it) the file cannot be edited anymore.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you cannot edit it in Photoshop anymore?

Embedding images into the Illustrator file cuts all links and makes the raster image into an object owned by Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar issue here, except the images I've linked to cannot be accessed with the "edit link" icon (lower right corner) in the links palette. Cannot access any linked images (.psd, .ai, etc) in any document now for some reason. I can still right-click image to edit original though.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2
InDesign 17.0

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 10.09.26 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines