• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player broken on Windows 10--across multiple browsers

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, updated Flash (and Windows 10 also updated).  Usually use Opera browser.  Opera and all other browsers I tried could not find Flash (says not installed or not enabled.)  In Opera settings, when I search for Flash, the option to Run Flash on all sites is gone.  All that's there is Ask to Run Flash (which is not working), and Block Flash, and Exceptions.  In exceptions, I added helpx.adobe.com and now the Adobe site that checks for flash confirms that I have successfully installed Flash (before this that Adobe site COULD NOT FIND FLASH ON MY COMPUTER.  I made multiple attempts to install it).   Websites navigated to using Opera still do not see Flash as being installed or enabled.  I added CNNGO (the main site I need Flash for--that was telling me I didn't have it or it wasn't enabled) as an exception and now it can find flash and play.   But I have only solved the problem uniquely for that site.  Flash seems to be blocked or disabled or whatever globally by default.  Of course, I do not want to have to add every site to exceptions as I come across it.  There seems to be something broken in the Flash update, Windows 10 update, or both.   Help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access my online game on multiple browsers now. I keep getting a prompt to download and install flash player. I already have flash player and it wasn't working so decided I'd download it again as prompted... but I still cannot access the game on multiple browsers. So flash player is broken. If this new flash player is not compatible with windows10 then it should not have auto downloaded that update on the 16th. So how do I fix this problem?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Opera 49 makes Flash Player click-to-play by default.  Opera is a fork of Chromium (the open-source part of the Chrome browser), and it looks like they simply adopted most of Chrome's changes.  The instructions below should mostly apply.

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry that doesn't fix it.  This is not an Opera exclusive problem, that's just the browser I prefer.  There is no click to play options of any kind offered.  And the problem extends to other browsers, not just Chrome.  This problem started immediately after the latest Flash update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Opera, I recommend contacting opera for assistance.  Unless an error was returned during installation, Flash is installed correctly.  Opera changed the way it loads Flash.  If you've added the domains to the list of exceptions, which you indicate you have, and Opera is still not displaying the content, then the issue is with Opera, not Flash Player.

And the problem extends to other browsers,

Which browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I list exceptions, the content IS displayed.   That at the moment is my work-around.  Issue also on Internet Explorer and Firefox at least.  The timing of the problem also STRONGLY suggests a Flash problem and/or a Windows 10 problem (the way it is interacting with Flash) given the updates to both at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I list exceptions, the content IS displayed.   That at the moment is my work-around.

This is a browser implementation, not Flash Player.  Browsers are making it more difficult for viewers to enjoy Flash content by disabling Flash by default.  The click-to-play implementation varies by browser, and the onus is on content developers to ensure they develope their sites to conform to the various implemenations.

The timing of the problem also STRONGLY suggests a Flash problem

If you believe the latest version of Flash is the culprit, uninstall the latest version and install the previous version.

a Windows 10 problem (the way it is interacting with Flash)

Microsoft implemented click-to-play Flash content this past summer. It's not new behaviour.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge and Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog

<Edit>
For Firefox, see Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help

For IE, see Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work. And when I click the lock to the left all it just tells me it's a secure connection. I don't get a settings option. We set the web addresses to be allowed on opera but it does not function. I am still being prompted to download adobe again and again.

If an PhD in computer engineering can't get it to work I am lost on this.... he couldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you might be on a pre-release version of Chrome.

When you click the lock, do you see a Site Settings option at the bottom of the context menu?  If so, click it.  It will open a new settings tab, where you can choose Flash > Allow.  At that point, you can go back to the original tab and refresh the page.

Again, this is Chrome interrupting the normal operation of Flash Player.  We don't have any control over the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@teresaz51456

Please provide the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have tried Opera ( my main browser ) IE and chrome. None of them will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this question is NOT answered and I don't know how to change that designation.  Flash will not work properly on multiple browsers after update.  It is activated as much as is possible (some options have disappeared.  I have followed all Flash instructions.  At the very least, Adobe needs to update its troubleshooting instructions because they don't work.  It seems odd that flash updates and then multiple browsers have an issue immediately and it's a browser(s) issue?  Anyway, I give up as it seems like this is a non-issue for the staff at his forum.  Thanks for responding anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd be happy to look into it.  Can you please provide a link and steps to reproduce that demonstrate the problem you're encountering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my game Klondike (Facebook) today there were unexpected complications: it is impossible to open a barn, it is impossible to see the right side of the game page - the "store" icon, the "warehouse", the notepad, the game mode control button and the game the switching mode,

I realized that the matter is in the absence of the Adobe Flash Player plug-in. And I could not upload it ... Why ?????

It lasts about 14-15 hours.

And yesterday everything was fine with the game.

The fact is that - before the discovery of this problem - my history of Google Chrome was cleared of any caches and cookies

It's my usual tradition - to clean my PC every day of all unnecessary and unnecessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome disables Flash by default and users must enable it.  How this is done depends on how the site is coded.

This Google support page, Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help , should help.  If not, please contact Google for assistance, Google Chrome Help , as it is their browser that is blocking the loading of the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to my request for the reasons for the problem and the possibility of solving this problem, the game representative Klondike said to me:

You can try doing some research online with problems about flash and your browser, or maybe try loading the game on a different web browser..

My answer: :

"

Julietta
Until today, I cleaned my computer every day using the Security Task Manager. Therefore today 9 hours ago (in the morning) I did not have any caches and cookies at all in the history! But I still rebooted the computer and opened the game - in which time ... Adobe flash player booted, but nothing has changed - still there is no right side of the page with the icons of STORE, WAREHOUSE, etc. - absent, AMBAR - does not open ... I do not have much time left until I could get a prize for the complete cleaning of the OIL location. Please, help!

I do not use other browsers - I'm quite happy with the GOoGL CHROM

Julietta
I went to the site of Adobe Flash Player and found out that they decided to give up support for the users of the GUGL CHROMA - from July 2017 until 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the site of Adobe Flash Player and found out that they decided to give up support for the users of the GUGL CHROMA - from July 2017 until 2020

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but Google Chrome is supported, see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player .  Adobe has announced the end-of-life for Flash Player, for all browsers, in 2020.  Until then, Flash Player is suported on Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

О    maria !!!

And how to fix it?

I repeatedly rebooted the computer, cleaned the caches and deleted cookies ...

Then she tried to download Adobe Flash Player and finally got here.

>Пятница, 1 ноября 2017, 0:41 +02:00 от maria__ <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

>Flash Player разбит на Windows 10 - через несколько браузеров Создано maria__ в Использование Flash Player - Посмотреть полную дискуссию

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome.  No need to download and install it manually.

The issue is Chrome disables Flash by default and forces users to enable/allow it. There's also the site engagement index value, which if you clear cache, you reset.  These are all Google Chrome issues, not Flash Player issues. For information on the site engagement index, see Site Engagement - The Chromium Projects

And how to fix it?

From my previous reply to you:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines