Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Glitching When Placed

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having occasional trouble placing photos into InDesign. I've been working on something all morning, placing photos without a problem. Then I try place another and it comes up black, no photo. I haven't been able to fix this in the past, where sometimes photos come up black, white, negative, or just a random bunch of colours (often green and pink pixels - when the photo isn't really green or pink). The preview also comes up in weird funky colours - my photo is a white background with people in it.

snip1.PNG

snip2.PNG

I need this for my work. I can't just restart my computer and come back in a few days when this keeps happening.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more information: InDesign version? Operating system? What file format are the images? Does this happen with just one file, or with other files as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Lenovo Windows computer. 2017.1 Release, 12.1.0.56 x 64 build. It's a JPG photo, 374KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnail in the Pages panel is showing the image correctly.

Have you tried changing Display Performance (under View menu) to High Quality Display to see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnail in Pages isn't correct. The other images are all of sports and athletes. This might give a better idea:

snip 3.PNG

I have tried changing the display performance, still black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a progressive JPG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, no it is not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines