• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Edit Comments

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I make a Highlight, I then use the option to 'Add a Note To Highlight'. This way I can combine notes and highlights; it's very handy!

However, sometimes I'd like to comeback to the highlight and the subsequent note and add to it. For example after reading few more pages and I don't necessarily need to create another note, as simple addition to the previous can be sufficient at certain times. That can occur for several reasons, 1) the first highlight is highly relevant, 2) the fewer notes the better. P. S. I extract the notes to Zotero.

The problem is this. The annotation to the highlight cannot be edited for some bizarre reason. The only use I can see for the feature is the tracking of chronological additions. But my work is my own, I don't need this feature and not being able to edit is really frustrating. Zotero does not see the comments on comments, if you will.

It'd be great if I could edit my own comments.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, gonna answer my own question for others. So discovered they can be edited BUT ONLY via the top right corner where you access your comments, bookmarks. There you just long press and select the pencil and you can edit. You cannot edit any other (easier) way like pressing the note in the test directly, or tapping on the highlight and then pressing the already existing text, alas. But as long as I can edit them, I don't care.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, gonna answer my own question for others. So discovered they can be edited BUT ONLY via the top right corner where you access your comments, bookmarks. There you just long press and select the pencil and you can edit. You cannot edit any other (easier) way like pressing the note in the test directly, or tapping on the highlight and then pressing the already existing text, alas. But as long as I can edit them, I don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines