• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition partially speeding up part of recording

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very bizarre issue, but it's happened to me twice on two separate recordings and is a bit of a problem. I record a podcast directly through Audition via a USB recording interface. I've noticed that at a seemingly random point towards the end of the recording, the recorded content seems to have been sped up. It lasts for a few seconds and then returns back to the normal speed. It's like a 2x fast forward was applied during the recording and is now baked into the recording itself.

My recordings feature two separate tracks for two voice inputs. The speed up occurs on both tracks.

I've had this happen on two separate recordings - totally separate project files. Furthermore, these two recordings were actually done on two completely different USB interfaces as well, so I'm certain it's not the interfaces (neither of which have the option to do anything like what I'm hearing).

I'm not sure if this is related either, but occasionally if Audition loses program focus, the recording will continue but the clip won't actually show itself being created. When the recording is finished, it won't update either - I have to close and reopen the project and then manually drag the clips out to their full length.

I'm using the latest version of Audition (CC 2018, build 11) on Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1.

Regardless of this problem, would anyone know of a good clean way to fix the actual recording now as well?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever this happens, it means that Audition has effectively lost control of the sound device, and the settings have been overridden by something else. On a PC, it's generally system sounds recorded at a low sample rate, but I don't know what specifically might cause this on a Mac. The slightly strange thing is that recording is able to continue - I would have expected Audition to have complained quite a bit at this point!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines