Could you share a .muse file containing nothing but the form, which we can see in your screenshot? This will make fixing much more easy!
You may upload the .muse file to Dropbox or Creative Cloud and post the link here.
There are some reasons, why this form doesn’t work well, but I am not quite sure about this. So I’d like to report this issue in Muse’s prerelease forum and see, what the engineering team is thinking about this.
Here a very simple fix:
- The „original“ form is used twice – on both of your master pages.
- Cut the forms from the master pages (cmd+X) and „Paste it in Place“ on the corresponding layout pages (cmd+C).
- Now all will work as expected.
But I’d like you to answer a question if you don’t mind:
I asked you, to "share a .muse file containing nothing but the form, which we can see in your screenshot? This will make fixing much more easy!"
Just like nearly everyone, who encounters an issue, this polite question is neglected. Could you tell me why?
Without any problem I could isolate your issue by reducing your file from 50 MB (zipped) to 77 KB (zipped)!
Do you have an idea, why nearly nobody is willing, to assist in fixing problems by providing a small and transparent .muse file?
- To download 50 MB needs a considerable amount of time, if one hasn’t a fast internet connection.
- To find and analyse a Muse file of 50 MB and 14 pages with many grouped/hidden elements and 5 breakpoints on layout pages and on both master pages is really time consuming and prevents us from helping other community members.
- If the original poster takes time and reduces his file before uploading, there are good chances, that he will find the issue by her/himself.
So, in short: I can’t understand, why this simple request is very often neglected. But perhaps you have an answer for me …
thanks very much for your help - I have removed the forms from the master page and placed them on the individual pages and this appears to have fixed the bug.
With regards your question, I'm a print designer and am using Muse for the first time so wasn't entirely sure how to send the form in isolation. As the problem seems to be a bug that appears when a form is used in master pages, would this have shown up had I sent the form by itself?
I was using Muse as I don't have the coding knowledge to use Dreamweaver, but wanted more design control then a basic template builder such as Weebly/Wix would offer. Muse is marketed as a website builder that allows designers to create fixed, fluid, and adaptive websites without having to write any code, so *maybe* Muse users (as a sweeping generalisation!) don't have the in-depth coding knowledge to confidently pull elements apart?
That aside, It's taken a lot longer than I had anticipated to build the site, but i've learnt a great deal along the way. As a print designer, the Indesign style interface was familiar and made the task easier, but I have had to learn about coding and web lingo (even if I haven't had to use it) to understand why certain elements move/react as they do...
In short I used Muse as I wanted to design in a familiar environment, without having to be too concerned with code and suspect that I am not alone in not fully understanding the implications of sending large files or knowing which part of the puzzle you would need to be able to solve an issue...
Thanks very much for your time and the speed of your response, and also for phrasing the solution in simple terms!