• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Character Panel Preview

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest update to Photoshop CC 2018. Now, when I make changes to text with the Character Panel (e.g. changing font size or tracking) I don't get a live preview in the text box I'm working in. I have to apply the changes before I can see what they're going to look like.

I've never seen this happen before in Photoshop. When I updated, did a box get unchecked somewhere, or is this another bug in the system?

I'm working in Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

This is a bug introduced in the newest version of Photoshop, release 19.0.1. Because of this bug, I reinstalled Photoshop release 19.0. Hopefully Adobe will fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug introduced in the newest version of Photoshop, release 19.0.1. Because of this bug, I reinstalled Photoshop release 19.0. Hopefully Adobe will fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a "work-around" of a sort... If you click and drag to scrub through the adjustments, the preview will show up. But if you click in the box and scroll through with your mouse wheel, no preview will show.

Hopefully Adobe will fix this issue quickly, but this works somewhat in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, drag and scrub doesn't work either.

This is a very annoying bug. I hope Adobe will fix that quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks davescm, I discovered that just after having commented here

Like many users there I agree it was a very bad choice to trade an issue that had a workaround (the leading issue) with one that doesn't.

Once again, I hope it will be fixed quicky...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines