• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Lightroom Classic CC constantly crashing

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am extremely frustrated and unhappy. LR Classic CC is constantly crashing. It happens when I'm importing photos, converting to DNG, and doing other things as well. I've had it crash as many as 12 times in a day.

I called support and the guy who answered said he doesn't deal with Lightroom and that he'd have someone call me. No one ever called!

Yes, I disabled Graphics Processor. Nothing changed when I did.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know your OS to be able to help.

Meanwhile, you can try if it helps to reset the preferences: Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm on Mac High Sierra 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Running Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 on a MacBook Pro 15", 16 GB, Radeon Pro 460, High Sierra 10.13.2.

Every time when I start an export, after some pictures either Lightroom crashes, or - mostly - it results in a complete MacOS crash.

Complete unusable !

This happens only on my MacBook Pro. I am running a MacPro with the same OS and LR versions without any issues.

The MacBook runs all other applications without any problems, this happens only with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

monikas34030737  wrote

This happens only on my MacBook Pro. I am running a MacPro with the same OS and LR versions without any issues.

The MacBook runs all other applications without any problems, this happens only with Lightroom.

Then if one Mac is running the newest version of LR and the other isn't and both Mac's are using the same version of OS X why do you think it is a LR problem.

To me that clearly points to some type of configuration problem or a hardware problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I am not sure that is a single Lightroom problem. But, I tried everything to find that out :

I run several benchmarks, hardware tests and stress tests on that machine - no problem.

It happens only with Lightroom on that machine. All other applications including all Adobe CC software run perfect.

I did a LR preferences reset, deactivated all add-ons, nothing helped.

I am now running out of ideas how to fix that. Good fact : it`s reproducible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!! So frustrating...I had a screenshare session with someone from tech support and it didn't seem to do anything after several changes they made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some news from my side. After a lot of tests I finally found a problem. I used Rember for a memory test of my Macbook Pro 2016, which found a problem. Apple hardware test didn't.

I send my Macbook back to my distributor and they confirmed the defect memory. They change the motherboard.

I am still waiting.

I hope this will now fix my problem and maybe this hint helps others too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating this thread and I hope the new Logic board (Apple calls the Motherboard a Logic board) fixes your issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think my issue has anything to do with that because my desktop Mac computer is brand new! Literally just a couple weeks old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nrf241  wrote

I don't think my issue has anything to do with that because my desktop Mac computer is brand new! Literally just a couple weeks old...

This is hard to understand what you mean. New hardware can malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my MBP back from Apple with a new logic board. Works perfect now. No problems with Lightroom any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to hear that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I buy a Macbook Pro 15" and have the same problem,

What I'm reading from you post, is that its better for me to return the MCP  since this is a hardware issue,

I'm using several app and nothing happens except with Adobe Lightroom.

After your repair, did you have any issue again?

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines