• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Holding a note and applying a delay/echo

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im not sure how to ask this.  I am looking to stop a song midway though its playing and holding the last note for a couple of seconds while I add an echo and or delay.  I hear a lot of songs that end this way, but I want to try to shorten the song yet get the same echoy ending.  Anybody understand this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need is a reverb with a 'freeze' or 'hold' effect to do this. Fortunately there's a free one that does:

Ambience, Free Reverb plugin, Download Ambience plugin, Free Smartelectronix vst plugins

That's the good news. The bad news is that for Windows, it's only 32-bit, so you'd need bridging software to use it in the present release. If you happen to be a Mac user, apparently there's a 64-bit version that should work fine. I call that pure prejudice!

No, none of Audition's otherwise very fine reverbs offer this facility, I'm afraid, as they offer no extended 'sustain' settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve for the quick reply. Lucky for me I am a Mac user.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines