• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Link is in Chinese. Malware?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clicked on a pop-up ink to update Flash Player, I was directed to :

https://get3.adobe.com/cn/flashplayer/download/?installer=FP_27_for_Opera_and_Chromium_-_PPAPI&os=Wi...

The menu is in Chinese. Is this a malware attack?Chinese Java Update.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks like one of our URLs.  You should be able to confirm by clicking the lock icon and looking at the identity information in the SSL certificate.  It should be issued to Adobe Systems Incorporated in San Jose, California.

My guess is that a load balancer misconfiguration redirected you to the wrong geo.  I've seen that happen very intermittently a couple of times recently.  I think it's fully resolved at this point, but it was complicated and took help from our networking team and CDN vendor to get it sorted.

If you're consistently redirected to the Chinese language site, you may need to set your region back to the appropriate geo.  We may store that preference as a cookie.  I'm pretty far removed from the group that operates the public-facing website.  If you to go www.adobe.com and scroll all the way to the bottom of page, you should see a little globe icon that will let you fix it.  Alternatively, you could clear your cookies, but that can be pretty annoying if you're logged into a lot of services.

At that point, you should be able to go here and get the download in the appropriate language:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines