• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organize Clips

Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Premiere Elements. I have split up my Family Videos into meaningfull Clips, like BirthdayXXXX, XmasYYYY...

Now I want to see an overview over allt these clips in a kind of alphabetic or other order. How can I do that?

I also like to save all these clips for later retrieval or further keywording in Bridge (or other). Can I do that?

I hoped that by importing a PremElem(2018) project into Premiere Pro(2018) I would be able to still see the clips. I can not make that happen. Upon importing into PremPro 2018(Trial), all Clips are gone. There is only one "sequence", but that covers the whole video without breaks.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly arrange your clips in alpha numeric order in both the Organizer's Media Browser and in Premiere Elements' Project Assets panel.

In the Organizer, set the View menu to Details and ensure that File Names is selected to display. Then set Sort By at the top of the Media Browser to Name.

In the Project Assets panel, set the panel to List View by selecting the option in the upper right of panel, then click the column header for Name to set the clips to display in alpha numeric order.

(Lots of cool tips like this in my book on Amazon, by the way. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I may have expressed myself incorrectly:

The clips are pieces that I cut along the timeline. These cuts generate short pieces that I call Clips. I gave each clip a name. Now they are all lined up on my timeline. But I want to save each of them using the name I gave them and/or arrange them in a list so I can search for them, like "Birthday_Herbert".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short of outputting each as a separate video, I don't know that that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found ClipMate: This PC-Software allows copying of Clips between Projects. It does not work the first time; one has the to enable all boxes in the freshly created PremElem appprofile.

It does not copy the Clip Name, Clips can no be broken apart, it probably does not copy Transition etc. But at least it allows to move all Clips into one Project,that is a start. I hope I find a way to search for the Clips Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anybody is still interested:

Cut video (in my case 90 minutes of digitised Hi8) in large pieces (5-30 minutes)

Fine-cut these pieces with "Smart Trim". (Name the pieces if you like, but these names are not taken by PPRO)

Save Project - load in PremierePro

All these large pieces that were worked at with "SmartTrim"  are now in a bin as seperate clips!

Select these pieces and edit the Metadata (DublinCore: Label)

Export (wokrs with "Queue" with all clips in a bin)

Load into Bridge: Search & Organize via Keyword. Dublin_Label becomes Basic-Keyword.

Load into Lightroom. Dublincore-Label content is recognised as Keywords, Title and Label from IPTC are there, also the Rating.

The above does not work by simply cutting Video in PremElements. The cuts have to be worked at with "SmartTrim" so that PrPro sees them a seperate Clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines