6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 9:47 AM by Zoe M

LR CC not showing multiple options on Export

Zoe M

I edited a session this morning, exported it, and then imported another session.  When I finished editing the next session and clicked export, several options didn't come up: 

LR CC didn't give me the option to name which Specific Folder I wanted to export to or allow me to choose a Custom Name, neither of them came up with a blank text box in the fields it should have.

In the File Settings area I see the Quality slider maxed, but no numbers.

In the Image Sizing area I see Resolution box, but no numbers for the ppi.

Thought I'd export one to see where it's going.  It went to a subfolder, but with the images named from the first session edited.  I'm assuming they're Quality 100 with 300 ppi like the first session was, but who's to say?  It's not a risk I want to take.

Any suggestions on what the issue is?

Appreciate your help!

• 1. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom CC has none of those options. It can only export to sRGB jpegs and to originals. It simply doesn't have any options yet. It can't output sharpen, you can't specify size in inches,  you can't export with a different color profile, you can't rename, etc. etc. If you want any of those options, they are all available in Lightroom Classic like they always have been. Lightroom CC is a completely new and different program than the Lightroom we knew. It is going to take a while before it is up to where Lightroom Classic is now.

• 2. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
            Zoe M Level 1

Oddly enough, I don't know what happened then because I was able to rename, up quality, and so forth, with the session, I edited back to back with this one.  I did not close LR, I immediately Imported the second session after I Exported the first.

So....now that I've done all this editing and can't properly Export the way I usually do, can I assume that the Quality is 100 and the pixels are 300ppi?  How do I rename the images?  They are all named what I changed the first session too.

Can anyone refer me to a tutorial maybe?  (really hoping to resolve this before my computer does an automatic update and I risk losing all my work)

• 3. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Are you using LR CC or LR Classic CC. Two different programs.

As stated in another reply LR CC doesn't have the options you mention.

• 4. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lightroom CC of today is an entirely new program aimed at a whole new market. The Lightroom CC that many have known for a number of years is now known as Lightroom Classic CC. You need to clarify which version you are using. If you are using the new Lightroom CC then what you see is really all you have. If you are part of the Creative Cloud photography plan it would be well for you to install the latest update of the old Lightroom cc which is now called Lightroom Classic CC.

• 5. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
                  Zoe M Level 1

I have the cloud - across the top it says "Adobe Lightroom CC". 

• 6. Re: LR CC not showing multiple options on Export
                    Zoe M Level 1

I do have Lightroom Classic CC.  Oddly enough, I left LR open for days to see if I would get an answer.  It resolved itself, I was able to rename them and everything before Exporting.