Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcut stopped working

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello
the keyboard shortcut for adding the composition to AME queue (Ctrl+Alt+M) stopped working suddenly. when I press it nothing happens. it stopped working before the update so i had some hope the update will fix it...

-the shortcut is still set up correctly in the keyboard shortcut window.
-it doesn't make a difference if AME is running or not.
-windows input is set to english.

-AME is also updated to the latest version.

-the action does work when i choose it from the composition menu.

intel i7- 6850K

WIndows 10 Home, version 1709

any ideas?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your system's accessibility options and global system shortcuts. Perhaps something has changed there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks mylenium
but I didn't find anything like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ofeq,

Can you try reinstalling and report back as to the results?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Illustrator issue, and has been for some time. Keyboard shortcuts will just stop working when you've been working in Illustrator for awhile. For me I usually see it when Ctrl - and Ctrl = stop working for zoom in and out. I have this issue on multiple machines with multiple versions of illustrator, and I've seen other have it when they are using illustrator on there machines as well. I really wish adobe would quit acting like this is a user issue and fix it. It's very frustrating to have to stop and relaunch the software over and over just to get it to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use AI and AE a lot and I've not experienced the issue you've described. Perhaps it's a specific issue and not a global issue, as you've described. For specific issues, it's good to be more conscious of what you're doing and the effects/scripts/extensions you're using which may be the actual cause of the symptom you've described.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines