2 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2008 11:53 AM by Mush15

Cairngorm easy MVC

Level 1
      Hi All,

I just dove into Cairngorm Easy MVC

Can anyone direct me to good resources / references?

Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Cairngorm easy MVC
          slaingod Level 1
          An example app using Cairngorm can be found at http://code.google.com/p/flexmyadmin/ and other places out there. There are articles for it as well on Adobe's site.

That said, make sure you only use Cairngorm for true applications, and NOT for things that could be considered reusable components. It makes things a little too easy to use their custom events, etc., but can complicate things if you find you need to reuse or have multiple copies of a particular component you create due to its use of Singletons. Ie. just because you use CairngormEvent for some business app logic, don't use it for everything even though that temptation is there. Same with model locator: Don't use it when passing in the data in the constructor or with bind variables makes more sense.

(For instance, say with that FlexMyAdmin app: If you wanted to add a second 'tab' to connect to another database server with essentially 2 copies of the FlexMyAdmin component in the same Flex app, you would have issues where events intended for one copy would be processed for another.)
          • 2. Re: Cairngorm easy MVC
            Level 1
            Thanks,

Just the kind of info I needed.

May you one day be reborngod