Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scorm will not load

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When uploading a scorm package from captivate 2017 to moodle, the file opens to a white screen with a buffer wheel and doesn't go any further. This hasn't happened with previous files - using the same configuration - and I am lost for an explanation.

I also tried exporting to scorm cloud, and this just hangs on a blank, white page.

Preview in browser doesn't work either - though previewing project works ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks, M

TOPICS
Editing , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Ahh...you're on a MAC and you just updated to the new OS. Well that MIGHT just be your issue.  There are numerous other threads on this forum from MAC users in the same position.  Some of those other threads have a link to a hotfix.  You need to search for those threads and try to get hold of that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moodle LMS has a separate configuration setting in Captivate.  Did you use that Moodle-specific option in the Quiz > Settings > LMS dropdown?

If the same settings have worked with your Moodle LMS previously, has something else changed anywhere?  Browser update, different Captivate version, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing has changed - other than an OS X update to High Sierra. But I can't see any evidence of that having caused any problems for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh...you're on a MAC and you just updated to the new OS. Well that MIGHT just be your issue.  There are numerous other threads on this forum from MAC users in the same position.  Some of those other threads have a link to a hotfix.  You need to search for those threads and try to get hold of that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, well, well. It seems to be true. There is obviously a compatibility issue.

I followed your advice and found a link to the hotfix from Adobe (hardly seems an appropriate route for such a high profile company!)

I applied the fix and now the publish settings are working again.

Thanks for your help!

If anyone else is caught here - this is the link to the other thread I found -

Re: Is Captivate 2017 compatible with Mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this tip. I am new to using Moodle and was not aware. I am having the same issue as the OP, but I am not on a Mac, and I also changed the option to Moodle on the LMS dropdown menu but still having the same problem. Any other advice you can give? Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you test in SCORM Cloud? This thread is more about the incompatibility between Mac, last OS, and Captivate .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did and it works great in Scorm Cloud - no issues. But I am trying to use Moodle. I have searched all over trying to figure this out and this is the only thread that posted the same problem I am having. If this is not the appropriate forum, please pardon me. I just need help. I have looked in Lynda.com, Moodle documents, etc. and I cannot find what I am looking for. Thank you for your reply though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recommendation would be to post this in a different thread, to have more chance for getting an answer. Your question has no real link with the one in this thread, and it is already marked as being complete. Personally I cannot help you , because I have no experience whatsoever with Moodel, but there are certainly users around who can help. Just a tip....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your question has no real link with the one in this thread" <-- i don't understand how having the exact same type of problem is unrelated, but nonetheless, thank you anyway. I'll look elsewhere. Have a good day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told you this because the OP is on a Mac and the answer given was correct, incompatibility of High Sierra with that present version of Captivate 2017.

You do NOT use a Mac, no High Sierra. That is why I told you that adding your problem to this discussion will probably not get you the wanted help. You seem to take this totally wrong. It may look like being the same question, but it can never be solved by the answers in this thread, marked as correctly answered. Captivate 2017 is compatible with any Windows version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I had this problem too, and neither the hot fix nor update made any difference. I've managed to track it down to the following:

With a quiz in the project, if adding a manual line break (return) to either the question or to one of the answers, the project breaks and all I get is the spinner with a few different error related to the cp-variable etc show in Safari's debugger.

So if anyone else runs into this, double and triple check that you do now have any manual line breaks either in the text of after is (which can happen if you copy and paste text from another document).

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is good to know Push. I came to this thread for a similar reason. I have also found that if you have videos in your course that you need to make sure that you do not have any non-standard characters in the video sub-titles. It will cause the same breaking issues. I will check mine now for rouge returns and hope that is the only thing that is causing the breakage this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources