• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewer not updating when mask path is modified

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an ongoing problem with After Effects while editing mask path keyframes. I am using an animated mask to do some rotoscoping. When I move the points of the mask, the viewer does not update. I have been able to force the viewer to update by purging memory and cache, but doing that every time I need an update is incredibly time consuming. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, is there a workaround? Any help greatly appreciated

All the best,

Ross Wells

After Effects 11.0.1

Mac Pro Late 2013 12 Core

High Sierra 10.13.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update your Ae version. it should be 11.0.4.

BTW, CS6 is not supported by your OS so you can expect issues. Sierra is only supported by Ae CC2017 and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, Creative Cloud says I have the latest version. I would have updated if I knew it was avail. Can I get it from the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK only through the App. Check the adobe help files for updating your cc app and installing updates. If you have adobe cc then might as well upgrade to at least CC2017 if not CC2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake. I am running AE version 15.0.0 is there an update beyond that or am I current? If so, any other ideas?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.0.0 is the latest (as of today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-installed the last version of After Effects 2017 and mask paths update fine. Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe. Try uninstalling CC 2018 and then reinstalling. If the issue goes away, it was a bad install. If the issue is still there, probably a sneaky little bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Zenfilm,

Did you reinstall CC2018? What happened? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines