• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning my Lightroom CC trial into a full membership using a product code not purchased directly from Adobe

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I just want to make sure that, when I buy a 1 year membership activation code for Lightroom CC, there are no issues turning my trial into a full membership.

Am I correct in assuming that as long as I'm logged in with the same Adobe ID all my pictures and everything remain the same?

And https://creative.adobe.com/redeem this is the right place to redeem the code correct?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who did you buy it from? Amazon? A school bookstore? A fly-by-night pirate? You didn't say, so no one can promise there will be no issues.

But yes, theoretically, if you buy a valid license, you can type it in and activate the version you have installed.

If you have saved your files on your hard drive, then they are still there. If you saved them in the Cloud and if your trial lapsed, you may have lost them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats good to here because its on Amazon sold by Amazon Media EU so that should be legit.

I do have my files saved in the cloud, or at least I have some files that I edited where I didn't back them up after editing yet. Do you think that is going to be necessary or is activating the full membership going to keep things the way they are now? It wouldn't be a tragedy just a little inconvenient but I'd definitely prefer not having to download and reupload everything.

Thanks a lot for the response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, hopefully Amazon stands behind their products!

This is a user forum, and I have heard that when there is a lapse, you lose things in the Cloud. I don't know if there is a small window or if it happens immediately. I have never had a lapse personally.

You'll find out, and please report back.

Also report back if you do have trouble activating your trial with the serial number. If it's a valid number, there is stall who can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines